Table of Contents
Benefits of Internet Security Software – Best Information
Benefits of Internet Security Software – The Internet can be a wonderful and incredibly beneficial resource that allows you to collect vast amounts of information and distribute other information quickly and easily. It allowed communication between people on opposite sides of the world in just seconds, and brought the entire population of the world closer together. Unfortunately, the Internet can also be a scary, dangerous place.
Wherever there is transfer of information, mass communication and commerce, there are some scammers who take advantage of the situation for their personal gain. These people can destroy systems and steal very sensitive information without even knowing they have gotten close to you. You never know anything has happened until you have already been harmed. To prevent this, manufacturers created Internet security software.
What is Internet Security?
Internet security software was created to protect you and your computer from harm from predators working through online locations. These predators can create deadly programs referred to as viruses that are only meant to damage the operating system and spoof the files on others’ computers or steal your information. Internet security suites are comprehensive security programs designed to identify and eliminate potential risks to your computer and personal security before they can cause harm.
Why is Internet Security Software Important?
Often the information you use on the Internet is extremely sensitive and personal. You make purchases using financial information such as credit card numbers and authorization codes, sign up for deposits using bank account numbers and routing numbers, fill out survey forms with your Social Security information, or purchase in public forums And post the details of the plans. Even though you may feel that these items are safe because they are being done virtually, they may actually be less secure than a face-to-face conversation.
This is because Internet predators can use spyware programs that will secretly infiltrate your system and this extraordinarily steal classified information. It can then be used to steal your identity, create new credit accounts in your name, empty your bank accounts, or otherwise harm you personally. Internet security software prevents spyware from being detected and destroyed.
Other forms of dangerous malware include viruses, which are threats specifically designed to cause widespread harm. These programs can be downloaded to your computer completely without your knowledge. Spammers can attach it to an innocent looking email, often with an email address that you recognize but that has actually been stolen and used as a disguise. They can also get into your computer through websites, incorrect system update warnings and other avenues. These viruses can then cause your computer to crash, often irreversibly. Security software programs detect these threats and block them before they cause any problems to your computer.
Benefits of Internet Security Software
Features of Internet Security Software
Internet security software programs usually contain several different subprograms that protect your computer from different angles. Antivirus programs specifically monitor your system for suspicious programs that can be deadly, checking for them, and destroying them if necessary. This can not only protect your computer from damage, but also prevent viruses from using your email address to send viruses to your contacts.
Antispyware programs identify programs that are trying to steal your personal information and block them. They also protect your information as it is being transferred so spyware programs cannot find it in the first place.
A firewall protects any communication made between your computer and others. This way no one else will have access to what you are sending or receiving and cannot be used in harmful ways.
Top 10 Best Internet Security Software Programs
Top 10 Internet Security Software Programs Have the Best Features and Tools. And they effectively detect and block online threats such as viruses, spyware, adware, rootkits, identity thieves and hackers. And they also provide protection in areas that other security programs do not; such as social networking sites and online gaming environments.
But this is not enough to place an internet security software program in the best list. And that’s because many other programs that are not on this list also offer excellent features and tools. And Panda Internet Security is one example; And certified by all major testing labs and has some powerful tools you won’t find in other programs.
However, what sets the best Internet security programs apart is their combined security products that include antivirus, firewall, and anti-spam protection. Which together provide the highest level of protection against malicious software and hacker threats. And this has come to the fore in tests run by test labs like Virus Bulletin and West Coast Labs.
Top 10 Best Internet Security Software Program Sites
1. BitDefender – Tests conducted by AV-Test show that BitDefender is the best at protecting against malware threats. It has a superior antivirus software element and has an active virus control feature that monitors every process running on your computer. It has a two-way firewall that blocks threats from attacking your PC and also makes sure you don’t send threats to anyone else.
2. Kaspersky – Kaspersky Internet Security comes loaded with tons of features and comes complete with antivirus software, parental control, and more. It includes a virtual keyboard that lets you input your sensitive information without worrying about keyloggers. So it helps to keep your bank details, username and password secure and shield your identity online. But Kaspersky is missing the LinkScanner feature for security when using the search engine.
3. Webroot – Webroot, like Kaspersky, offers cheap protection for up to three computers and includes online backup. Webroot has the best antispyware programs, Spy Sweepers. This software is best rated by expert testing laboratories. But Webroot has a frustrating firewall that has a complicated setup process and takes time.
4. Norton – Norton Internet Security is a great program and uses innovative insightful technologies to provide effective protection. Its comprehensive protection against malware threats is one of the best in the industry, and has passed all ICSA, VB100% and West Coast Labs Levels 1 and 2.
5. Asset – Asset has one of the best internet security programs . And it has great tools and features for gamers. It provides excellent protection for external media and prevents pop-ups from gaming and video applications. But its help documentation is lacking in details except when it comes to the most basic of setup.
6. Avg – We have always liked AVG for its effectiveness. And it has one of the best free antivirus programs that are also part of the Internet security software suite. It also includes the LinkScanner feature for web security protection and has one of the best identity theft protection options. But AVG also lacks some important features that you find in other programs like Parental Control.
7. Trend Micro – Trend Micro has many features and tools and some of them include backup, registry cleaning, browsing history and cookie tracking. It has an extensive feature base and is enhanced by its antivirus, antispyware, and firewall protection.
8. eScan – eScan Internet Security is a lesser security product, But it is the effectiveness and features that it contains that make it on the list of 10 best internet security software programs. It has a unique user interface which is very useful and useful. And it has a high detection rate, but its firewall isn’t one of the best.
9. BullGuard – BullGuard Internet Security comes with features like 5GB of online storage space and a Safe Gaming Mode that provides additional protection for your PC. The software is very easy to use and provides ample technical support. But it doesn’t have Parental Control which is now a common feature in other top Internet security programs.
10. ZoneAlarm – ZoneAlarm ranks last on the list of top-notch security programs. And it includes exclusive features for virus, spyware and email protection and identity theft protection. And it is best known for its firewall that blocks some of the most dangerous threats online. But ZoneAlarm has a basic walkthrough feature that forces users to seek help elsewhere.
As mentioned earlier, there are other great Internet security programs. And we recommend you to check them out to choose the right software. For example, if you have children and protecting them online is important to you, you’ll want to make sure you choose a program with Parental Control. And these features don’t have to be just basic; They should provide the most effective protection.
Differences Between Premium Security and Internet Security Software?
Many people have not heard of premium security software, And it should come as no surprise that a wide array of security programs exist, and its a late entry into the security software field. It lags behind other security programs such as antispyware, firewall, antivirus, internet security and various other security programs in the industry today. And this can make finding the right one a daunting task, even for PC users with more security.
The reality is that these programs are not as complicated as you might think. In fact, you can get a package that includes all and save yourself a lot of money and stress in the process. Premium security software goes by many names and these include Full, Extreme, Ultimate, Super-Suite, Ultra, Mega and Total. That’s why it includes all the consumer-level security software, with all the features and tools you’ll need.
But Internet security software includes similar security programs, features, and tools. And you will be able to protect your PC from the same threats that a premium security software program is designed for. However, they have some differences and before choosing one, we recommend you to check out their features and capabilities to make the right choice.
Before we look at their differences, let us know some of their similarities-
Parallels – Like Internet security software, premium protection includes antivirus, anti-spam, firewall, and antispyware protection. These four security programs have their own stand-alone versions. And each serves a specific purpose and poses certain types of threats. Combined, they are a formidable force and ensure that your PC is secure at all angles.
Premium and Internet security programs also have features you won’t find in stand-alone programs. Some of these additional features include data backup, parental controls, gamer mode, and anti-phishing tools.
Differences – One obvious difference between these two suites is the price. On average, premium security is more expensive than Internet security software. There are some cheaper premium programs such as ZoneArm Extreme Security that offer regular discounts as well. But overall Internet security is very affordable and BitDefender is currently retailing.
Is the premium security price justified? Well it depends on the features and tools you are looking for; Which brings us to the second difference, which is found in the equipment they offer.
Premium Security has PC utility tools designed to repair and clean up temporary Internet files on your PC. These features are powerful and enhance your overall security. One of the impressive tools is Speed Up Start which is a series of tweaks that speed up the start up time of your computer and OS.
In addition, all premium security suites include privacy, data backup, online storage, firewall and PC system utilities; While some internet security suites include all these programs and they are not as effective.
It is true that the whole is more than the sum of its parts and this is evident in the premium and internet security packages. The standalone programs found in these two suites are also top-notch, but together they provide excellent security.
Hence your choice between the two will depend on your personal need or preference. We recommend you to read reviews of major programs like BitDefender and Kaspersy.